Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Summer Break

Yesterday was Isabelle's last day of her little preschool class. She has enjoyed learning and playing with friends each Tuesday and I have been entertained by all the funny things she has told me on our drives home after school. She has learned all about animals, the earth, letters, numbers, and so on and she especially loved the section all about fire fighters, policemen and emergencies. We have had to rent Elmo Visits the Fire House from Blockbuster and we talk about and look for fires and emergencies every day!

Since yesterday was the end of the school year, the kids enjoyed a "field day" where they raced to fill buckets with water, threw beanbags in hoola-hoops and even tried to pop water balloons with their behinds. None of them were heavy enough to actually pop the balloons so they ended up just stomping on them and throwing them at each other. Isabelle was excited to be responsible for the final snack and brought strawberry Popsicles and pretzels which they ate messily outside.

Although they started the school year at only two years old still clinging to their mom's legs and barely using their words, they finished as big kid 3 year olds, potty trained and able to spell their own names. Thank goodness I still have a few more years to play and learn from Isabelle before she starts kindergarten and is gone all day every day. For now, we will just have fun playing make-believe and holding our own school with stuffed dogs, bears and bunnies as our students!

4 comments:

Misty said...

I love it! I so wanted Carson to do that with Tiffany next year!!! You have such a beautiful daughter!

Tiffany said...

She is so cute! I love the pics from yesterday and especially Belle!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

I love it!! I am so jealous Lilly wasn't in with her! That looks like SO MUCH FUN!!

Tara said...

Its so fun to watch her learn things about life for the first time. Wouldn't it be nice to go back and let everything be so new and wonderful again?! Our minds get so polluted so quickly. Thank goodness for a fun teacher who has their best interest at heart!