Tonight was her "Parent Observation Class" and Ben rearranged his travel schedule and Grammie came into town so they could both be in attendance. Isabelle was thrilled to have a "performance" although she was a little anxious as well. After laying in her bed at nap time for quite a while she called to me and said I don't know what I am going to say when I get on stage! I reassured her that she did not have a speaking part and laughed to myself that she had such a concern.
Her class danced to "You've Got A Friend In Me" however the little girls spent most of their show time looking for and waving to their parents. Isabelle is the smallest in the class by nearly a foot and all of the other girls tend to her and speak to her like she is so tiny. During a set of chasses one of the other girls yelled, come on little one, you can do it! Isabelle never minded being the slowest to cross the floor or the last to reach the mirror and she has learned so much. Miss Ashley has taught all of the names of the steps as well as the movements and Belle can perform by name a plie, an arabesque, tendu, releve and so on all in 1st, 2nd and 3rd position.
After all of her hard dancing this evening, Belle celebrated with a "party" out to dinner and for ice-cream at home. We have had a wonderful first dancing experience and can't wait to strap on our ballet shoes again in the fall.
11 comments:
She looks so cute. I love that first picture! It's adorable. I bet it was so fun to watch her today.
what a beautiful little ballerina!
Ahhh, this brings tears of joy to my eyes! Soon she will be with me here in England and the world's largest dance competition! How cute that she was actually thinking about it and was concerned about the performance. And she was by far the cutest...hello, look at all the other girl's buns! Lame! =-)
She is so adorable! We'll have to have a little ballet performance from Belle at the reunion.
Oh, she looks like a natural! I wish I could have come over too!
Maybe in a year or two she can take a ballroom class :)
She is the perfect little ballerina! Seriously she looks so dang cute. I love how her class looked after her, so sweet!
She looks very sweet.... very innocent.... very cute. Remember going to some of Alee's recitals? :)
on another note... How do you get Tara to comment on your blog? She never comments about Max! LOL! Maybe if I dressed him up like a dancer, that would get her attention? LOLOLOL.
She looks so adorable. I am glad that she loves her class so much.
She's adorable! I can't wait to do ballet with Aly!
Beautiful Belle!
What a great ballerina she is!
You guys have such a cute little girl. I bet she is going to be a great dancer.
Post a Comment