Isabelle and I loved going to The Nutcracker last year with my mom. It was what inspired Belle to begin dancing ballet again this year in hopes that someday she too could perform as a Sugar Plum Fairy. This year my mom was going to be celebrating 42 years of marriage in Vegas so Belle and I bought tickets with her two best little girlfriends and had a big girl date of six!
Isabelle, Emily and Paloma are all in different 1st grade classes this year but that hasn't stopped their friendship one bit. They were thrilled to get dressed up and all ride together to lunch with just their moms. (They all three are the big sisters to baby sisters. Funny how that worked out.)
After a lunch date where we needed no high chairs or boosters we made our way to the theatre and greatly enjoyed The Nutcracker. The girls danced all the way to the cars afterwards and all slept tight with their mini-nutcracker dolls Isabelle purchased especially for her friends and this day. What a beautiful and graceful holiday tradition. I cannot wait until Olivia is old enough to join us on another big girl Nutcracker date in the future.



1 comment:
Amy you are so beautiful (and such a stylish mom :) And what a fun tradition! I can't wait for my little girly to get here in a couple of months :)
Post a Comment