
We never like to sit still for too long, so just 2 days after Olivia's surgery we gave her new ears a test and dressed in our boots and hats as we headed to the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo. This is one of the highlights of Isabelle's year always and she makes plans for the next years outing as soon as we leave the arena. We always like to bring our resident cowboy with us too, so Grandpa Elmo and Grammie made the trip over as usual and we feasted on cowboy food while we cheered all the cowboys on to victory with their 8 second ride!
This year we were entertained by Lady Antebellum following the rodeo and Isabelle and Olivia both danced and sang along with the band. Like always, the louder and wilder the better for those two cowgirls!
Ben and I took advantage a second time and snuck away on Valentines Day evening to get our country on again, but this time to the tune of a certain favorite of mine, Gary Allan. We were lucky enough to have Tara and her friend Bobby visiting for the holiday too and again had fun eating and singing the night away!
Isabelle would spend each night of the short rodeo season in her cowboy boots, so we headed over on last time before the 2011 season came to a close. This time we enjoyed all the grounds had to offer outside watching pig races, cow auctions, riding ponies and so on. Isabelle rode several carnival rides and I even snuck a "too small" Olivia onto her first Merry-go-Round before I was told by someone "official" she was not big enough for any more rides.

There is one thing I know for sure, for as long as we reside in San Antonio we will anticipate and thoroughly enjoy the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo! After all, we have two little native Texans living under our roof!!
2 comments:
I love these two cute pictures of Belle in her boots all ready for the Rodeo. How cute. I love that she loves it so much!
I miss that so much!! What a treat! Way to live it up!!
Post a Comment