
Dr. Beidiger blames it on me...my girls have very tiny Eustachian tubes and they get it from their mother! I have heard the story numerous times from my own mother, about how I had such bad ear infections as a tiny child and I even have the 30 year old bottle of medicated ear drops in my medicine cabinet now that I remember using on many occasions growing up. We all know Isabelle was/is plagued by Otitsis Media regularly and it looks like it will be Olivia's weakness as well.
Olivia got her first bad ear infection on November 7th and exactly 12 weeks and 6 antibiotics later she went under the knife and had a double Myringotomy with tube placements. It was a long three months of sleepless nights and we are having to reteach our big girl how to sleep again now. Olivia went happily in Dr. Beidiger's arms into the operating room and as usual, the meds were the hardest part of the surgery. Once they wore off and she was truly awake, she made a quick recovery and was happy to finally have the ear pressure relieved.
Of course she wanted to test her new tubes out right away and within a week of her procedure I was having to wipe her ears, rather than her nose, right along with Isabelle's! Now they both wear ear plugs in the bath tub and visit our favorite doctor together regularly. Like we've said before, we are grateful to live in a time of modern medicine! What a blessing!
2 comments:
I am so sorry! That is just NO FUN!! So glad there is something to be done for them! So glad they have such a good Mama!!
Did you get custom ear plugs made for them? I am thinking about it for Jackson.
Post a Comment