
This is exactly the spirit that has been in our home the last several days. With a 2 year-old, decorating for the holidays is really exciting and very urgent! Jelly and I spent several afternoons this past week slowly getting out a few decorations every day. She especially loves the advent calendar where each morning she finds a chocolate bell which she quickly eats. She asked me who places the candy in the calendar every night and without even thinking about it, I replied the snowmen! When Ben got home from work that night, Jelly exclaimed Dad, did you know this is my special calendar and snowmen-fairies come in the night and bring me candy! (Somehow it always turns into "fairies.")



After much anticipation, we finally put up the Christmas tree this evening. We of course wanted to wait until Ben would be home to help and it seemed like the perfect activity for Sunday night. We turned on the Christmas music and I believe it was everything Belle hoped for. We had fun telling her the story of each of our ornaments and when I showed her the 2001 Doves ornament that Ben and I received for our wedding, she said Oh, this was for your wedding? And I was still in Heaven with Baby Jesus and Joseph and Mary, right? She placed about half the ornaments on 3 or 4 branches and thought they were simply perfect! After her bath, she wanted to lay under the tree for just a few minutes before she hopped into bed. Christmas is magical when you are 2!


*Notice she is finally wearing the dress Aunt Tara bought her last year for the holidays. It is a size 2 and was so big last year...now it fits!
11 comments:
What cute pictures. I bet Belle had such a fun night decorating the tree with mom and dad and listening to christmas music. Lucky her... She gets to put the star on the tree too! We also decorated our tree tonight. It was so fun... but when it came time for the star things got a little ugly. Dallon and Dawson both wanted to be the one to put the star on the tree. That's a biggie!
That looks like lots of fun! Isn't Christmas fun again, now that you can share it with kids? I think it is even better than when I was a kid! Your home looks very festive!
What happened to Alee's blog. Did she make a new one?
I'm so sad I didn't get to help decorate our tree this year!That is my favorite thing to do! And I agree, Christmas is so magical when you are three! I love the "snowman fairies"...so cute!
I think Snowman faries are now a tridition in your home. I love the magic of Christmas too!
I want the snowman fairy to come here too!! Christmas with kids is the best!!
She is just to precious Amy!!!
I love all the pictures. Christmas is definitely more fun with a 2 year old than it ever was before. I think it is more fun to be the parent of a 2 year old than to be the actual 2 year old. I love it!
I'm with Belle. I used to love just laying under the Christmas tree. I was so relaxing. I should start doing that again.
Christmas is so much more fun with kids! It is truly magical! Tell the snowman fairy to stop at our house too.
So pretty! I want a new Christmas dress! I'm asking Aunt Tara!!!!
Have fun, Belle!
Post a Comment