
Tonight we made the 30 minute trip north to New Braunfels, TX to the home of the World Famous Schlitterbahn Water Resort. It had been transformed from a summer mecca to a winter wonderland!


The water slides were transformed into sledding hills and the swimming pools were open for ice-skating. Isabelle wore the smallest ice skates available, and although they were still two sizes too big, she braved the ice and took her first trips around a rink. She mostly liked to hold onto me and let me skate while she just glided along. She sat on both Santa and Mrs. Claus' laps and made sure they knew she lived in San Antonio, TX so that they could find her house on Christmas Eve. She played in giant gingerbread houses and saw thousands of lights. One of the funniest moments was when Isabelle saw a few girls join the carolers for a round of Rudolph and quickly made her way up front to sing along.


It was 70 degrees at 8:00pm so we were plenty warm but with fake snow falling and everyone drinking hot wassail, we almost felt like it was really cold outside.


On the way home, way past Belle's bedtime, she only had one regret..she forgot to tell Santa so many of the things she hopes he brings her this Christmas. Thank goodness Santa is full of magic!
7 comments:
That sounds like soooo much fun!!!!
I WANT to go there!!!
I also can't believe I am up this late on Blogger! 11:40!
Cute! I only wish that Nick and I were there to go with...it looks so fun!
What a cute way to use the summer swimming pool! Belle looks very cute in those ice skates too.
So fun!! What a cute family you are!
Sounds like a great time! What we wouldn't give for a little of that warmth right now!
Belle looks SO cute!
What fun way to get in the Christmas spirit. New Braunfels is one of our favorite places to go. Unfortunately it is a bit of a trek for us now.
Thanks for letting Joe hang out with you guys the other night. I wish I could have gone.
Sounds like fun! I haven't seen you since forever. It's Kendra (baker) Allison...I can't believe I found this blog!
Post a Comment