


Ever since Jelly started learning about the alphabet earlier this year she has been crazy to stand out in the rain under an umbrella. She got her first umbrella for her birthday in March, a pink Sleeping Beauty one, and used it inside the house waiting for rain until it would no longer work. She then received this duck umbrella from her Aunt Tara and this time we kept it in our car so that we would be ready when the rain finally came. We have carried it in stores when the sky was somewhat cloudy and have even put it up a few times thinking we were finally going to get a break from our super dry summer!
Yesterday, around 4:30pm Isabelle was delighted to see a few drops falling from the sky! We quickly grabbed the umbrella and went outside. As you can see from the pictures, the rain was very weak and may have even been done by the time we actually made it outside. So, what does Jelly decide to do? What any great Christensen would do...take the opportunity to clean!
Fortunately, with Hurricane Dolly making her way through Texas I think we will see some more enjoyable rain this afternoon!
4 comments:
That is too cute! I'll need to ask Tara where she bought that for Belle because Max is desperate for his "very own" umbrella too!!! I have looked everywhere and can't find one.. I must be looking in the wrong places.
That is the cutest umbrella. Belle cracks me up. She is so funny.
Belle cracks me up! Oh, well no rain, time to scrub things up!
My boys love the Curious George umbrellas too--I have many pictures of them playing outside in the rain. They however, would never stop playing to clean. Jelly is too cute!!!
Post a Comment