Sunday, July 6, 2008
The Red, White and Blue
The 4th of July is perhaps my most favorite holiday. Patriotism runs deep in my DNA and I cannot remember a time in my life when I didn't feel great pride for the good ole' U.S.A.. Ben once commented while serving a foreign mission for our church that his "wife's blood would be red, white and blue." He obviously found the right girl!
This year we spent the holiday in DFW with the Cosby family. Six of the seven Cosby children were able to spend the weekend together and although we were overwhelmed with fun, we definitely missed Jacob who is currently serving in the Tallahassee, FL Mission. Isabelle loved playing with her three cousins and fit right in at the Cosby house...the louder and busier the better.
We were grateful to see Belle is also a born patriot as her favorite part of the weekend was marching in the 300 yard children's parade in Flower Mound, TX. Most of the kids her age were in strollers or wagons, but not Jelly! She marched and waved her flag the entire parade route in 100 degree weather and only stopped briefly to pick up other flags that tired kids had dropped along the way.
We are so fortunate to live in this country and enjoy all of the freedoms which we often take for granted. Let us always remember to be thoughtful of those who have fought to protect our God given rights. God Bless America!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Looks like such a fun weekend. Cousin time is so great.
Whoa! Looks so fun there! I wanna go to a festival like THAT!!!! Glad you had a nice weekend... we could have used some of that warm weather up here!
Looks like a great time! Bell is getting so big. What a cutie!
I love the 4th of July also. Looks like a fun time
Belle is so cute! Looks like you had a blast! It definitely is a wonderful holiday!
Cute pictures! I love the 4th of July too!
I hear ya!! I was so disappointed that we had no parade here - I hauled a cannon in Rev War costume last year!
Post a Comment