Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Hallelujah!


We are singing the "Hallelujah chorus" today from Handel's Messiah because we just got word that my dad is an official listed candidate on the National Liver Transplant List! Wow, it only took 21 weeks to get through the process...when he was fist diagnosed with liver-failure we missed celebrating Valentines Day and here we are now ready to watch fireworks for the 4th of July!

He is feeling okay and is getting used to taking several pills every day that do all sorts of weird things to his tired body. Now that he is "official" he will have lab work done monthly to update his MELD score and the Liver Transplant Center will keep a better eye on the diseases progress, etc.

Hooray for medicine and technology and for all of the many hours spent so that his "paperwork" could become complete!

12 comments:

Tracie said...

yea!!! that is wonderful news. finally a start to the end of the road.

Paula said...

YEAH!!!!! Such good news! We hope all continues to go well. I guess you have 2 reasons to Celebrate this weekend... Your Dad & the Flags Birthday.

Jen said...

That is wonderful news! And I love the picture!!!

Tiffany said...

I am so happy for you guys! Hopefully he will get a liver soon. We will keep you in our prayers.

Suzie said...

What great news! I hope that this next phase goes quickly and smoothly. Maybe you'll actully be able to relax a little. Congrats to your Dad, I hope that he's feeling well.

Jaimie said...

I am so happy to hear that your dad is finally on the list. That is good news.

Courtney said...

YAY! What exciting news! I'm so glad that things are working out for your family!

Misty said...

Amy I am so happy for you and your family! We will continue to keep you all in our prayers!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

HOORAY!!!!HOORAY!!!!! I am so happy for your family! This is great news! I too will pray for these next steps to go smoothy and quickly!

wackyjackie said...

I second your Halleluja! I hope he gets a liver very soon!

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

Amy, I am just reading and catching up. We are so happy for your family! What good news.

J-Mar said...

How awesome! I am So happy & relieved for you!