
This was the song Ben and I danced to on our wedding night 7 year ago. This post is actually a few days early since our anniversary is not until Sunday the 15th but tonight I was able to taste a little piece of heaven.
Last year, for our 6th anniversary, Ben gave me a gift certificate for the spa treatments of my choice. 361 days later, I was finally able to cash it in.
After a long day for all of us, Ben and Belle dropped me off at the La Cantera Resort and Castle Rock Health Club and Spa where I enjoyed a facial and massage. It was so relaxing to wear the big fluffy white robe and lay in a quietly dim-lit room for nearly an hour. They even extracted my "impurities" which means at least for tonight, my skin is perfect!
While I was pampered, Ben and Belle went to the La Cantera mall and enjoyed a little daddy-daughter-date. They shopped, had dinner, rode the kiddie ride and whatever else Jelly wanted to do. Ben told me that at one point as they were walking down the mall, Belle grabbed his leg and said "Daddy, I love you so much!" She was having a taste of her own kind of heaven!
It took me an entire year to find a time to use my anniversary gift but it was worth the wait. Ben and I were asked to speak this Sunday in Sacrament Meeting...not exactly what we had in mind for a 7th anniversary celebration!
7 comments:
I'm glad that you had some time to relax. I have never had a facial but I hear that they're the best.
I have to try that spa out sounds relaxing. I love spas one of my favorite things to do! I love that pic of you and Ben. I cannot believe his hair! I look forward to hearing you speak.
That is a super cute picture of the two of you. It almost doesn't look like Ben with all that hair. I am so glad you had such a great time at the spa and that Belle had such a good time with her dad. Daddy daughter dates are the best.
Happy Anniversary!
That is such a wonderful picture!!! I love your post and I am so glad you were able to get pampered!!
I totally saw Ben and Belle! I saw them in the food court and by the time the kids decided where they wanted to eat-they were gone. They looked like they were having fun though!
I can not wait to hear you speak! I understand the stress!!! HA HA
I love that picture! It's so fun to see what you guys looked like when you were first married. So glad you finally got to use your anniversary present from last year...you deserve it!
I love the wedding picture of you and Ben. You two are the cutest couple! I love it.
The spa sounds amazing.
That stinks to had to speak on your anniversary. That is just wrong. You two did an amazing job on your talks. You are great speakers. I really enjoyed them both and your testimony made me cry Amy. You are such a neat person. I just love ya!
What a beautiful couple.
Ya'll did an awesome job speaking. It was so touching when you spoke of your father.
Post a Comment