Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother I love you, Mother I do...


I have been loved and kissed and hugged by Isabelle and her daddy all weekend. Ben surprised me on Friday when he came home from work with dinner and a movie for us to share after we got Jelly tucked into her bed for the night. The festivities carried on all day Saturday as we jogged, went to lunch at a new Mexican restaurant and shopped the afternoon away at the La Cantera shopping center. This morning Isabelle was so excited to give me her gift and card she had carefully wrapped and colored on. The card was precious and had a little girl on the front that looked just like her with blonde pigtails and pink bows. The gift had the new Jessica Seinfeld cookbook Deceptively Delicious in it from Belle as well as the Grey's Anatomy Series DVD from Ben. I can now bake some yummy food which I can "hide" cauliflower, sweet potatoes and broccoli in, while I get my McDreamy fill! It was a wonderful Mother's Day weekend and I am grateful that I have such a sweet child and husband that make my job enjoyable!

I also have to pay a quick tribute to the wonderful mothers Ben and I were raised by! They continue to teach us all things which are important and do it with great love. They are a great support and example to our little family! Happy Mother's Day!

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Nice job Ben! Way cute picture too. You look great Amy.

Tracie said...

I am so glad that you had a great mother's day. You deserve it!

Suzie said...

I'm happy to hear that you got that cookbook. I have had the banana bread with cauliflower and it was really good. You'll have to let me know what is good so I can get the recipies from you. I need to hide some veggies in my kids meals.

Eric Tannery said...

What a FUN weekend! We will have to gab about Grey's together! It is one of my fav's too.

Misty said...

OK-That was not Eric-I was in his account! SORRY!

Courtney said...

How cute! I can't wait to be a mom on mothers day! haha...and Ben did a pretty good job with greys! Have you been watching this season? Its getting pretty intense! And thanks for your package! I love it!!! You guys are so thoughtful! Give belle a hug for me!

Sarah said...

I love deceptively delicious!! Believe it or not my kids (and husband) can not tell there is pumpkin and califlower hidden in everything!! I love it.