Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Can I help you ma'am?


Several times a week Isabelle gathers her basket of wooden food and lines each piece up along the window-sill in the master bedroom. She then pretends that she is grocery shopping and that this is the moving belt at the checkout. She talks the entire time with dialogue from both her and the grocery store attendant and often says: can I help you ma'am? When she has once again gathered the food back up in her basket, she pays for her groceries and waits for her receipt. Sometimes she tells me that she is shopping at Target, sometimes she is at Walmart or occasionally HEB but one thing is always constant...she is always having a great time being busy!

7 comments:

Tracie said...

she is so creative!

Tara Christensen said...

I wish she would do shopping for me. I hate to grocery shop!
Be careful what you say, she is obviously listening to things around her!

Jaimie said...

That is so cute! I am so excited to see she loves playing with the wooden fruit. Yay!!!

Misty said...

That is so sweet Amy! It is funny what they pick up in public!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

That is just so cute!!

Tiffany said...

That is so cute. She has an unbelievable imagination.

Courtney said...

That's so cute! I'm glad she enjoys grocery shopping...being in college with not much money makes grocery shopping more like a chore for me! You spend all this money on food and then its gone in a week! I wish pretend money and pretend food was all I had to worry about!