Friday, April 25, 2008

Shop till you drop!


Isabelle was born to shop! She loves to go shopping and can name and recognize too many of the stores already. She loves Target for popcorn, Nordstrom for balloons, GAP for coloring and Gymboree for the movie! Ben is often surprised that after several hours at the mall she will be disappointed that we are not stopping at Target on the way home. She will ask "just one more shopping please?"

She knows all of the appropriate shopping manners and is gracious to practice each of them. She greets the store clerks, picks up clothes that fall off the racks and makes sure to say "bank (thank) you" when she makes a purchase. She is conscience of matching and will put together outfits and then changes her mind and may go for different colors/prints.

While we are in a clothing store she will carefully search the racks and pick out something she wants to try on...her favorite are shoes! She and I were in a dressing room this week and with every pair of pants that I tried on she would say "you like that one mom?" And then she responds for me "no, too tight, not this one." When I put something on that she likes she exclaims "that one is beautiful!" Or, "you look pretty mom."

Some may say that this is a learned behavior, and I admit she has had an excellent education! She has had the privledge to grace some of the coutries best shopping cites, but I think it is in her genes! There is nothing more fun than a group of Christensen women with money in their purses!

12 comments:

Jaimie said...

That is such a cute story about Isabelle. It sounds like so much fun to shop with her. That's adorable. My boys hate to shop. Maybe I need to shop a day with Isabelle, just for fun!

Tiffany said...

That is some excellent training you have done. It is always better for them to outlast you than the other way around. I love that she gives you her opinion.

Courtney said...

haha, thats is too cute! She's a girl after my own heart! :)

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

She is the smartest little girl I know!! I love that she loves it so very much!

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

So Cute Amy! I cannot wait to take Ashton shopping with you thest next few months just to get out of the house

Kim said...

I am laughing! What a doll! You've raised her well!!

Alex Christensen said...

it sounds like she is for sure a christensen!

Lauren said...

I love her comments. I need a shopping buddy like that. Ryan spilled goldfish all over the floor the last time I took him in a dressing room.

Suzie said...

She is a great Shopper. Audrey can attest to that. She loves the birthday gift that Belle picked out for her. Good job Belle!

Jen said...

I am jealous! My boys are so not shoppers and it seems that Sophie is following in their footsteps. She needs to come shopping with Miss Amy and Isabelle. Hopefully that will cure her!

Anonymous said...

She is definitely a Christensen girl! Or really a true Bee, as all of the blondes in our (Thorpe) family know how to shop! I just hope she doesn't end up like her aunt Tara, with a disease, CSS. Which by the way, Amy first diagnosed! Compulsive Shopping Syndrome continues to lead to some great new outfits for Belle though.

Misty said...

You know I read this post so long ago and must have been distracted by-I don't know, maybe two rowdy boys! But I have to say that I love that Belle loves to SHOP! That is so cute! Maddy was always that way! I actaully drag my boys there on a regular basis and Zack actually asks to go! We should meet at their playground some time in between stores!