Tuesday, July 15, 2014

My baby

I hate my babies to grow up. I held on to Isabelle as long as I could (still am) and I am trying to force Olivia to stay small as best I can. Either way, they continue to grow. The last baby item in our house has been our crib. Isabelle LOVED her little bed and slept in it until 3.5 years old when Olivia was on the way and we were moving into a new house anyway. She and I both shed tears as she moved up to her big girl bed and she asked to sleep back in the crib for days. Fast forward several years and we were at the same turning point with Olivia. This time there was no new baby on the way, nor a new house to move in to, but sadly I knew that 4 years old was too big to be sleeping in a crib and had to face the facts.
We all loved Isabelle's bed so much and finally decided that rather than buy another matching set, we would buy the even bigger girl bed of the same style and brand and move Belle and Livi both up. Olivia mostly was interested in buying fancy sheets and pillows and of course a canopy on top, so the actual bed frame made little difference to her. Isabelle was excited to pick out some new grown-up-even-more sheets and has loved having a bigger bed that even mom has slept in with her a few nights.
And just like that, the crib and my baby was gone. She falls out of her bed often still and would gladly get back in her crib if we let her, but we are all trying to embrace this new phase in our lives. When did we become middle-aged with elementary school children? Don't blink.

No comments: