Thankfully both our girls love the water and most mornings our routine was to go from pajamas (or Princess costume) to our swimsuits and be sprayed from head to toe with sunscreen. Isabelle has taken swim lessons the past 3 summers and finished a session just in time for our neighborhood pool to open it's gates for the season. She has really gotten confident in the water and can jump in and swim across the pool very gracefully and fast. I was thrilled for her to be comfortable in the water because I spend EVERY minute watching, chasing and saving her little sister Olivia.
Olivia has ZERO fear of the water and cries to go in the "deep" where the water is more than twice her size and jump in and NOT be caught. She wants to go under and I have to let her and then save her life and start the process over again. She got pretty good this summer at kicking her feet and wearing her goggles and we were all a little relieved when it was time to take a break from swimming and sit poolside with a snack.
We have enjoyed many hours at our awesome neighborhood pool this summer either as a family until way past bedtime or meeting friends and swimming and picnicing for hours. Ben and I figure it is a great life skill and exercise and was the best way to stay cool while the giant Texas sun blazed and blazed and we are proud of our little fish, or I mean girls!

1 comment:
Love that they are so happy in the water! P and Livi have the same pool plan!
Post a Comment