Sunday, March 11, 2012

What's not to love?

It's no secret that Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday of the year. Ben claims it is because I have always had lots of suitors surprising me with gifts, flowers and love notes...and maybe that has helped...or maybe not. Perhaps it is because my parents always made a big deal celebrating that day and for as long as I can remember my dad has left me a "secret" Valentine at my door, this year included! Whatever the reason may be, I love all things Valentines and look forward to sharing the love each year!

Holidays are not Ben's "strength" let's say but he is always right on the money when it comes to mid-February. (He's no fool.) He surprised all three of his girls with gifts and flowers bright and early Valentine's morning and Olivia was so proud of her very own bouquet of flowers. We let her hold and carry them around a bit before we put them in water and that may have not been a great idea. Several times a day afterward she climbed onto the table to admire and smell her flowers and carefully pluck one of them out of the water to dance around the house with.

This year was especially fun since Isabelle is in Kindergarten and was so pleased to pick out a special treat and card for each member of her class. She made sure she gave the B.F.F. stamps to Emily and Paloma and the "love" card to Emilio and sadly the "girly" card to Brian whom she is convinced wants to be a princess. (Eek.) I was lucky enough to get to attend her class Valentine's party where we made a festive trail mix, decorated picture frames and had fun delivering our special cards in everyone's handmade mailboxes.

We were surprised Valentine's evening when Grammie and Grandpa showed up with gifts and heart shaped pizza for dinner. It was a lovely day to be in love and I am counting down the minutes till next year already.

2 comments:

Jaimie said...

It looks like a fun valentines day! I think it is so neat that your Dad always gives you a valentine!

Loni said...

Fun! Can I come to your house next year?! I love(no pun intended)how you make it such a fun day for your whole family!