Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A decade!


Somewhere in the middle of all of the summer fun, Ben and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. In some ways it seems the time has flown by, but in other ways I can't hardly remember life beforehand. Ben and I went on our first date at just 19 and 21 years old, and now here we sit a bit smarter, fatter, tired-r and older at 32 and 34 years old!

We had tossed around ideas for months in honor of the big day but neither Ben nor I could commit to any plans. We went from a beach vacation with the girls to a European affair alone to absolutely nothing at all. Does it say something about our lives that we literally were too tired to celebrate and to book another set of flights and have more fun? Instead, Grammie came into town the week after our anniversary and Ben and I celebrated with dinner and a movie and an early night home to bed!

Ben, being the smart man that he is, made a trip to Tiffany's once again to show his love with jewels! I love my newest wedding band and the XOXO design was very thoughtful on his part as it is my signature salutation. I showed my affection for Ben with a trip through the years with pictures and snacks each specific to a year in the past decade we've shared together. Along side of it was the box set of the TV series 24 which began the year we were married and filled our home for 10 straight seasons.

Maybe we will have more energy to celebrate for our 20th anniversary. Until then...

5 comments:

NatalieW said...

You guys are just too cute and I miss you so much! Congrats on 10 years - you both look so little (as in young, you are still little!) in your wedding picture. love ya!

Jenna said...

Happy Anniversary!!! You two are so great together!

Loni said...

Fun! Dave and I celebrate 10 next year. I've been trying to think what we should do! I wouldn't mind a band for my ring either, I guess we'll see! Congrats! You 2 make a darling couple!

Amy said...

I loved this post! You guys are wonderful and I'm glad you got to celebrate at least a little bit. Our 5 year anniversary is this coming summer and I feel like we should do something big! But I think we might be in your same boat. Just sleeping in sounds like a wonderful celebration to me!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

You are such a beautiful family!! Love you all!