Saturday, September 10, 2011

Movin' Right Along


Dancing is in Isabelle's DNA. With two professional dancing Aunt's, and my girls being the only nieces, they never really had a chance! Fortunately, Isabelle is a natural and sings and dances all day long!

This past year, Belle thoroughly enjoyed her ballet and tap dance class. She became friends with all of the little girls in the class and looked forward to Monday's each week. Ben knew this dance business was serious when I delivered him a rather large bill due in full by November for a dance recital he would be attending the following June!

After literally practicing the same 2 minute dance for months, it was finally time to get the show on the road! Grammie and Grandpa of course came into town for the big performance and both Aunt Alee and Aunt Tara made a special trip to support little Jelly. Isabelle loved wearing her fancy costume and didn't even flinch when we painted her eyes with mascara. She took the whole event very serious and wondered aloud if anyone would throw flowers onto the stage for her...just like in Angelina Ballerina.

I didn't take the time to record the official recital piece since I was busy watching Belle glow on stage, but I did record a rehearsal a few weeks beforehand. We were proud of all of Isabelle's hard work and are sure this was just the beginning of her career on the big stage!

4 comments:

Jaimie said...

How fun that she loves dance so much! I think it's so neat that she has that in common with both of her Aunt's. And it's awesome that they both made the trip, along with your parents to be there for Isabelle's special night. You have a great family!

alee said...

It was so fun to be there! I have a video of the actual performance that I will figure out someday how to give to you.

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

THAT IS AWESOME!!!

Tiffany said...

Too cute! She is so adorable. I love her poses. I'm glad the family was able to make it out for her.