Thursday, February 18, 2010

Honest, trustworthy and a bit of a tease!


As baby girl #2 is quickly on her way I have recently reflected about my baby girl #1 and just what a good girl she is! We have great trust in Isabelle and always have. We never really "baby proofed" our house when she was just learning to walk, instead we just explained to her what she could and could not do and she almost always obeyed. Of course she has a bit of an adventurous side like all toddlers and we have caught her standing in the window-sill or sitting behind the couch eating an entire candy she didn't think we would want her to consume, but 9.9 out of 10 times, Isabelle makes the right choice! I pretty much trust her in every situation and find myself doing things constantly that I would have never guessed I would be doing at age 3. For example, I get out paints and paper for her to create a masterpiece while I shower, I hand her full big-girl cups of apple juice in her carseat and I let her cook with me almost every time I prepare any meal. Accidents occasionally happen and most of the time it is me consoling Isabelle for feeling so bad about the mistake rather than disciplining her. Now, what are the chances I will get another mini-Isabelle who is so trustworthy at such a young age? Please let baby sister be just like Isabelle...except nap sometimes!

However, Isabelle has also turned into a little tease. One night when I tried on a pair of Ben's mesh shorts to see if they would be any more comfortable with my big pregnant belly to lounge in, Isabelle thought I had lost my mind and died laughing. She then ran into the closet and put on a pair herself and cracked up teasing her mom! What a little comedian!

5 comments:

Jaimie said...

Belle is so responsible for her age. She amazes me too.

alee said...

I hope baby #2 is a wild child! You can't have all the good ones!

wackyjackie said...

So funny! You know, we never childproofed with Jordan either. He was such a good little boy. Then we had Dylan, who is part devil... need I say more. I wish you better luck on #2 that we had!

Then of course from there on, all hell has broken loose and I barely trust my youngest two to not kill each other while I shower!

Suzie said...

Lets hope that in your case it's a girl thing. Audrey has definitely been my least wild but still gets into more trouble than Belle. I'm in BIG trouble with Ben. He likes the attention he gets when he does something crazy.

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

Grace is about 50% Isabelle, but Lilly is a climber. It is scary. I wish you another Isabelle!!!