Monday, February 8, 2010

Brrr, January in review!


Although we were excited for the start of a fresh New Year, I can't honestly say that I am disappointed to see the first month of the year already written in the history books. Being in my last several weeks of pregnancy and with the weather being chillier than I prefer (even in San Antonio) January is one month I am happy to say goodbye to. Despite the cooler weather and the aches and pains of pregnancy, we managed to stay busy all month and to have some fun along the way.

Isabelle is always ready to play make-believe and often is found in dress-up clothes with an audience of "friends" all set up and ready to watch her performance. They too are often in dress-up clothes of their own and if she can fit a costume on mom and dad, we are ready to perform as well. This month she enjoyed reading Dr Seuss's If I Ran The Circus several times and I believe we put on as many as three cirucs' a day for weeks.

We also spent a few nights this month at the SBC Center first cheering on the San Antonio Rampage followed by a night with the San Antonio Spurs. We were fortunate to have great friends attend the Rampage game with us and then Grandma and Grandpa made the trip over to watch their hometown Rockets beat our Spurs. Isabelle of course loved staying up late and eating lots of junk-food but her most favorite part was watching the mascots!

Mid month, little Jelly woke up and literally could not walk. Her left leg didn't seem to work all of the sudden and after watching it get worse for 24 hours we made the first trip to the pediatrician where we were then sent on a wild-goose chase to try and figure out what exactly was affecting Isabelle's leg. After more pediatrician visits, X-rays and a stint at Methodist Children's Hospital for ultrasounds, etc, the doctors finally ruled out most everything they could easily come up with and made the diagnosis of most likely Transient Synovitis. As bizarre as a hip virus is, if anyone would catch it, it would be Jelly. We were told to treat it with an anti-inflammatory for a few days, keep her off it and pray that a fever did not show-up. We luckily were able to avoid an MRI and extensive lab-work as her leg seemed to slowly improve over the next 7-10 days. It was a really scary and weird experience and we are grateful that both of Isabelle's legs work just as they should and that she is such an agreeable patient.

Only a few days after the diagnosis, we were desperate for Isabelle's gait to greatly improve so that she would be ready to walk down the aisle and be the flower girl in her Aunt Katrina's wedding in Houston! We had a great time visiting with all of the Cosby family in Houston for a short couple of days and participating in the union of Katrina and Gordon Meldrum. We loved getting to know Uncle Gordon's family and friends from Michigan and feel lucky to live just a few hours away from the new couple.


Isabelle happily marched down the wedding aisle tossing her petals very carefully and even walked on beat with a little shuffle in her step after the ceremony was complete. We all had fun dancing and eating and mingling with all of the guests until both Jelly and I were too tired and left the rest of our group to finish with the post party clean up.


Since the wedding Jelly has been "married" herself several times or has been a bridesmaid or flower girl in a variety of her "friends" weddings at home. My favorite part of each ceremony is after they dance and then depart for what she calls their "honey-do!"

I was hopeful that after all of the busyness and long hours on my feet that the new baby Cosby may possibly greet us just a bit early, but good or bad, here we are a week into February and we still have a week or two left! Either way, we had a fun, busy, scary and chilly start to the 2010 year and look forward to more excitement to quickly follow! There is never a rest for the weary!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow...I didn't realize you were that close! I better get to crackin' on your baby gift.

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

Holy Smokes! You have been crazy busy! Poor Belle - I can't believe how crazy, she must be a 3 percenter.

wackyjackie said...

Scary! I'd be glad that was behind me too.

We need a real prego picture. One without Jelly in front of your belly!

Loni said...

Oh,I'm glad Jelly is OK. Kids have a way of making you worry like crazy!

You are getting close to having your baby, it will all be over soon! And then you will have a darling little baby to love on!