Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter at Bastrop State Park


We decided to continue with the Christensen tradition of camping over Easter weekend and headed north to Bastrop State Park. This was Jelly's first camping trip and she was so excited especially to meet Alee and Nick as well as Grammie and Grandpa at the park. We were threatened by rain all day Saturday but enjoyed the day with multiple egg hunts, games, yummy foil dinners and the beautiful scenery of the Texas Hill Country. After pitching the tent, Belle and I decided that the back of the Acadia looked much more comfortable and left Ben to sleep alone under the stars. Jelly slept remarkably well for being in a mummy bag just inches from her tossing mom all night and didn't make a peep until 7:00am.


Unfortunately, we barely had time to find our baskets that the Easter Bunny left us before the rain started in the morning. We packed up quickly and headed for breakfast in the antique downtown of Bastrop. We were pleasantly surprised to find a yummy cafe called Maxine's where we enjoyed some of the best griddle cakes in the world. It was a wonderful Easter weekend and Belle has been begging to sleep in the Acadia every night since!

7 comments:

Cameron and Jenny Webb said...

That looks like such a fun Easter weekend! Your mom looks so much like MY mom to me in that last picture - it's crazy!

Loni said...

I love camping even if it is just one night! That is a fun tradition!

Misty said...

What a great time and a wonderful idea!!!!!

Lauren said...

What a fun tradition! I love that you slept in the car!

Jaimie said...

Wow... this post really makes me want to go camping. I'm serious. I love camping. Looks like you guys had so much fun and made some really neat memories with Belle. I'm so glad you had a happy Easter.

Suzie said...

Looks like fun. Not quite the Hilton but whatever. Ha Ha! I'm glad that you survived. Camping sounds fun but not until my kids are much older.

Deniene said...

What a fun trip!!