Thursday, March 5, 2009

Shadow


Isabelle has gone through many different stages of clingyness in her young life and I believe she has entered into another. She has recently become aware of the dark and constantly asks me about monsters: where they live, if there are any in our house, etc. Needless to say, she has kept pretty close to me lately.

Ben's travel schedule has been very busy for work since the holidays and I believe he has only spent two weeks in San Antonio so far this year. Although we joined him in NYC for one of his trips, the few days here and there have not been enough for Belle to venture too far from mom and I feel like I have a little shadow. Fortunately, unlike some of the phases when she was much younger, her new clingyness is filled with kind words and songs of love! She constantly sings me made-up songs about how sweet her mom is and tells me how much she adores me. This evening after we had finished her bath and she was ready for bed, I was hanging her towel up to dry in her bathroom and almost tripped over her again right at my feet. She smiled at me and said "Mom, I go every place you go because I love you so much!" She's a precious little shadow!

Here are a few pictures of some of our daily activities the past month. First, one of her many dress-up outfits. She loves to wear her "high heels" and tutu and teach me how to dance. She always ends with a curtsy. Also, Jelly has decided that she can dress herself now and has been successful at putting on her own pants, socks and shoes. Shirts have remained a bit too tricky but I am sure that is just around the corner. She likes to comb her own hair too which involves lots of water! Here is one of the days she picked her own outfit out, dressed herself and finished off with her squeaky shoes. Last, Isabelle is about 90% vegetarian by her own will. She refuses to eat anything that she realizes is meat and although we can get her to eat chicken nuggets and hot dogs, she spits out even the tiniest pieces of hamburger in her spaghetti sauce. You can imagine my surprise when one day she declared that she wanted a hamburger for lunch. We stopped by Wendy's on our way home and picked up a cheeseburger with ketchup only. Once we were home she happily sat in her highchair and ate about 2/3 of the burger when she finally screamed, Gross, this hamburger has meat in it! She hasn't touched any meat since.

6 comments:

Jaimie said...

That is such a cute post. It's awesome that you took the time to write down all the cute things Belle is doing at this stage. She is truly your little shadow. How fun to have a little shadow. I loved reading about all the sweet things she says to you. She is lucky to have such an amazing mom.

Tiffany said...

She is so funny. She cracks me up!

Loni said...

What a sweet little shadow to have! At least she throws you compliments. She is just too cute!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

She is so funny!! I have a friend who calls Lilly my roming tumor, because she is hanging on me somewhere. I love how she sings and loves you so much!

Liz said...

I love the, "Gross this hamburger has meat in it". She is so cute, I am glad she is giving you compliments and singing you love songs while Ben is away.

Misty said...

That hamburger story is just so darn cute!!!!
I hope Ben gets a better schedule SOON!