Isabelle idolizes her Grammie. She can barely maintain herself when she knows she is coming to visit and she asks a million times a day WHEN will she get here? Last week I came down with a weird stomach bug and was sick all day and up all night Monday night. As luck would have it, Ben left for California Monday morning and was not planning a return trip until the following weekend. Thank goodness, Grandma came to Belle's rescue and by Tuesday afternoon her favorite playmate was in San Antonio and chasing her around the house.
I had bought some fabric hoping my mom would help me with a project and so when the opportunity arose, she brought her serger and went to town. Belle loved learning to sew with her Grammie and my mom took her time and let Jelly sew sitting on her lap. Belle even picked out some of her own fabric, pink with castles, crowns and princesses on it, and they sewed a tablecloth for her play kitchen and a blanket for her Molly dog to sleep with. With a lot of help, my mom was able to turn my idea into a reality and finished a new duvet cover for my bed!
My mom is a wonderful seamstress and Belle is often the lucky lady wearing many of her creations. Her sister, Grammie Gloria, sent Belle the cutest little handmade ribbon dress for Christmas. She has 3 little grand daughters of her own and saw a similar dress in a boutique in Arizona and decided to make some herself. We thought is was so cute and fun and so my mom sewed Belle another one for Valentines Day. Somehow I missed the sew-creative talent gene in my family but Belle and I are constantly benefiting from the masterpieces of my mom, Aunt, sisters and cousins.
Fortunately, I have since gotten over my bug and Ben came home (only to leave again) to a happy and healthy wife and daughter...and new bedding. Living just three hours from Grammie is always a bonus but last week it was a lifesaver!
10 comments:
What a sweet post about your Mom and Belle. I loved reading that. How fun that Belle got to sew with Grandma... and you got a new duvet cover.
That is a darling dress! My mom sews as well, but I have no idea what happened to me. I don't have on seamstress bone in my body!
I bet it's so fun to have a wardrobe of cute, unique clothes made by your Grammie... Belle is a lucky girl.
It is so nice to have family close! And like you said a life saver when your sick. I'm glad you are feeling better. And I'm glad Belle got some Grammie time in too!
What a cute dress! I love those dresses. I just made one for Tracie (well for Meg) and Brooklyn keeps asking for one for her. I want pictures of the duvet.
I too am glad you are feeling better. And I LOVE the ribbon dress. What a lucky little girl!
Too cute grandparents are the best, I'm sorry you were feeling ill.
Hooray for Grandmas!!!!
i loved this post! And I saw her dress Sunday! It was sooo cute!
I'm so glad for you that you have your Mom so close. I'll admit, I'm a little jealous. I hope that you and Belle stay healthy this week!!! Call me if you start to feel crazy, I'm sure I'll be right there with you.
How cute her little dress turned out! They are so cute, I love them. Stella's still a bit small for them, but soon! :) Sorry you were sick!
Post a Comment