Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Family Portrait


Isabelle is growing into a wonderful artist! She has recently discovered her love for art and spends a fair amount of time everyday creating in some way. She enjoys painting both with water and finger paint, coloring, drawing, building, etc. She has her own set of magnets and after she finishes a project, she carefully hangs her masterpiece up for all to see and enjoy. We currently have pictures of all varieties covering our fridge, oven, dishwasher, washer, dryer and so on. We were not too surprised yesterday when Belle found a little notepad and pen next to mom's computer (thanks to Uncle Chris for the Vyvanse paraphernalia) and had covered each page with a beautiful drawing, however, we were surprised when she told us that she drew a portrait of her mom and dad. This was her first attempt at a person and it is fun to see her little brain hard at work. I am sure this is only the first of many piles of hand-drawn family pictures, but because it was the first, it is a keepsake!

While on the subject of family pictures, we were lucky enough to have a dear friend of ours take some wonderful pictures of us this fall. Jaimie Haley Photography is new to the area and a treasure to find! Jaimie, who is masterful behind the lens and just happens to be one of our favorite people, has finally begun her own photography business. She is creative, smart and fun and her work is worth every penny! Check out her website at http://www.jaimiehaleyphotography.blogspot.com/ and book your session right away. (Scroll down to the session titled Belle to see just why I am so pleased!)

4 comments:

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

I went I looked and WOW!! Jamie rocks - of course she had an AWESOME subject! Miss you.

Jaimie said...

That family portrait that Belle drew is so cute... definately a treasure!!! I'm so glad you posted it. It's so fun to see your little artists work.

Thanks for all your kind words about my photography.

Tiffany said...

Those are awesome! I was wondering where the cute picture from your Christmas card came from. Belle looks so adorable in all of them.

Loni said...

Those are all beautiful pictures. I could see why you love them! Belle looks like she is modeling for magazine, they would all make it one, I'm sure!