Sunday, October 5, 2008

Miss Independent!

Ben and I were quite surprised when Isabelle pointed out Barack Obama on the cover of a magazine at the bookstore a few weeks ago and declared "That's Barack Obama, but we don't want him to be the President!" We then had a quite lengthy conversation about the 2008 Presidential Election and explained to her which candidates were Republican and Democrat and who was running together, etc. Ever since, it has been the topic on her mind. Probably because the candidates are everywhere we look and we watch a fair amount of political news around our house most days. As you can see, she already has an independent mind as she declares she will be casting her pre-school vote for Senator Obama! She initially favored Senator Joe Biden and wanted him to be the next President, but when we explained to her that Obama had to win in order for Biden to enter the White House, she quickly corrected her vote. Either way, we have learned that we have to be careful about what we say at home because there are two tiny ears listening and what she hears is already influencing her little mind and opinions!

11 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow Amy! What a smart little girl. I don't know about the Obama vote though?

Paula said...

Maybe you should watch a little more FOX news instead of CNN.

Deniene said...

This is Deniene rolling on the floor with laughter that is just toooooo cute!

Anonymous said...

She's a genius!

Loni said...

You have quite the little thinker on your hands. Maybe we are looking at a future president!! Love the video!!

wackyjackie said...

I love it!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

GO BELLE!! I can't believe she is such a SMARTY!!! So cute!! I'm gonna call Bryant right now so he can watch that!!

Misty said...

So Cute! I am telling you that you have One Smart Cookie on your hands!!!!
How Fun!

Bryant P. Castleton said...

I always knew that little girl was smart! Now if she can just figure out how to change her parents votes! Seriously - too cute!

Jen said...

So so cute! And I second what Paula said--more FOX, less CNN. She is darling!

Courtney said...

Oh man...she knows more about politics than I do! :) Miss ya!