Isabelle never ceases to amaze us! Today was her flu-shot vaccine so I was prepared for it to be a long afternoon. I have learned that more information is better than less, with her so I told her this morning that she would be going to the doctor today for a quick shot. She plays "doctor" with her veterinarian kit all the time so she is very aware of shots and is constantly administering them to all of us. She said "maybe later" this morning when I told her the afternoon plan so I figured she was warned.When I told her it was time to get in the car and head to the doctor she was like "okay." She never acted concerned on the way there and even peed in the doctor's potty before we headed back for the shot. Luckily since it was just a vaccine we were spared of all of the normal pediatrician hassle and were called in quickly by the nurse. She sat on my lap and we pulled her pant-leg way up while we waited. The nurse showed her the needle and then quickly cleaned her leg and gave her the shot. Isabelle just sat there still as can be and said "thank you" when she was finished.
While waiting in line to get a sticker the Office Manager, whose office is next to the "shot spot," came out and said he just had to come meet the little girl who was so brave! He had been hearing kids scream all day and he was amazed that Belle was so nonchalant about the entire visit. When telling daddy about it she said, "it was just a little ouch!"
Since no tears were shed, we celebrated with a Sonic apple juice, straight-up, her favorite!!! Now we just have to find a way to remove the band aid without her noticing...she is the only child I know who HATES band aids!
9 comments:
That is AMAZING. We'll have to get our vaccines in October and I'm not looking forward to it.
HOLY SMOKES!! She totally rocks!! What a good girl!! Our doctor out here gave Grace a shot she already had and didn't need.
Wow, that is amazing. Very impressive. She is such a brave little girl.
Holy Cow. I've never heard of anyone that brave before. I am so proud of you Belle. You are awesome.
What a BIG Brave Girl Belle!!! Way to go.
Wow, what a trooper! I think the worst part of the flu shot is the following days when it is just plain sore. She probably won't even notice that! Ava at her last check-up had just one shot for polio and she didn't cry either, she just said "ouch"! I thought it was pretty amazing! We still have to do flu shots, we will see how that goes!
She said thank you!?! What a sweet girl. Noah could take a lesson or two from Belle. He is more the screaming type when it comes to "pokes."
I'm SO impressed!!! What a brave little girl! By they way, we'll be in Dallas for Christmas, will you guys be around?
That is AMAZING! I took my 3 today and my 8 year old cried the loudest!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Belle!
Post a Comment