
Today was Isabelle's first day of Pre-School, or should I call it Pre-Pre-School? We are lucky enough to have a great friend who not only has a teaching certificate but also is the mother of a two year old and one of Belle's dear friends. When she decided to have a little "school" at her house one morning a week, especially for two year olds, we quickly signed up.
Belle told me all morning that she was NOT going to school but instead wanted to stay home with mom and watch Sesame Street. She was still not convinced on the ride there but once we got inside the door and she was greeted with friends and alphabet flashcards, she was fine. She waved goodbye to me and was on her own nearly 3 hours. I wasn't sure what to do with all my time, but you can bet that next Tuesday morning I will have a list a mile long of un-friendly Belle errands!
She was exhausted after a busy day and missing her nap and literally could not keep her eyes open long enough to see her daddy. She was asleep and in her bed by 6:45pm so dad will have to wait until tomorrow night to hear all about her adventure.

As I was putting Jelly to bed tonight I kept thinking, she is too little to go to school...she still wants to be rocked and cuddle with her mom. Thank goodness she is still my baby!
10 comments:
School will be so fun for her. One day a week is just perfect for her age. Won't that be a nice little break to get things done for you. I love her school work from her first day. That is adorable. I'm glad you posted it!
Great coloring job Belle!
It's so hard to watch them grow up. It literally happens right before our eyes though.
Really, you can just count it as organized baby sitting that has some substance to it! You don't have to think of it as 'school'. But it's nice to have her doing something like this, and even better for YOU to have a few hours to yourself each week. I expect regular updates!
What a Big Girl she is. This is just one of the many "First Days" she and you will share. Enjoy them all.
I am so glad that she enjoyed it. We can't wait for next week.
she is getting so big. i am so glad we got to see you yesterday!
WOW!! What a big girl!! She is so cute!! Aren't those hours kind of weird? Love them, but still weird!
How sweet! I am so glad she is doing that with Tiffany! She will love it!
You will grow to love it too! I promise!
Cute picture she colored! How fun. If only all school / work, etc, was only 1 day a week...that'd be a great life! :)
I'm glad to hear that i'm being replaced by school and not another nanny! :) That picture she colored is so cute! I bet she had so much fun! She's growing up so fast! I miss you guys! Give Belle a hug for me!
Post a Comment