Isabelle loves Sesame Street! It was one of the first TV programs that she ever requested to watch and she has enjoyed the hour long show almost every weekday for the last 18 months or more. Sesame Street starts at 9:00am which is perfect for our schedule. Most mornings, we are in from our jog and showered and ready for some breakfast just in time to enjoy the show. This is also the time when I get her hair combed for the day as she is very actively listening to every word. Ben and I are constantly amazed at all that she learns from Sesame Street. Just this weekend she told us that "dinosaurs are extinct" and that "pets need to exercise too!" When we asked her where she learned that, she proudly exclaimed Sesame Street! I am grateful for PBS and the wonderful shows they air...especially for children. I too was once a little Sesame Street fan and it is fun to hear and know the words to most of the songs they still sing. Gordon and Maria are getting a bit older, and there are a few new monsters living in the neighborhood (like Abby Cadaby who Belle dressed like for Halloween last year) but it's still a sunny day every day on Sesame Street!
6 comments:
Love the internet! Glad we can keep up with you guys through this since Ben and I are such good callers!
Jeff
We love Sesame Street at our house too. I love all the learning that is involved in watching. PBS Rocks!
That is so cute! I can not get Carson to sit still long enough to watch anything!!!
That is so cute! I wish Brooklyn liked it.
Love that!! Cookie monster is my favorite.
I am a big Snuffy fan. And I will always remember my first year of teaching kinder that one of my very smart little boys said, "I learned everything I know from Barney." Barney must have been one smart cookie!!!
Post a Comment