Sunday, August 24, 2008

When we're helping we're happy and we sing as we go...


Isabelle loves to clean. She will dust, vacuum, sweep, do laundry and mostly anything else that needs to be done. She and I have a great time every week on our "cleaning day" tidying up the house and listening to music loudly as we sing along. This week we cleaned to the sounds of U2 and some old school Bon Jovi. Belle usually is almost too much help and it sometimes takes us much longer than planned because we have too much fun while doing our chores. She likes to sing the "cleaning song" from Enchanted and we often take dancing breaks in between tasks to twirl and jump with her friends...Elmo, Dumbo, Doggie, etc. I am sure this is a learned behavior and her nursery leaders have commented to us before that she is busy cleaning up after all of the other children most of class time, but Ben and I have decided that cleaning too much (while having a lot of fun) is just fine with us.

12 comments:

wackyjackie said...

Kendall and Hayden like to help clean too. Especialy laundry, most times they are a little too helpful, if you know what I mean. The big boys used to like to help too, but they grew out of it!

Ketchup & Greenie Beanies said...

I could have really used her help trying to get ready for all the showings and open houses we had over the last few months! Shew!

Tiffany said...

That is so cute. I love the cleaning pictures. Brooklyn loves to clean as well, but I don't think I have ever taken pictures. I just might have to do that.

Tara said...

This child is certainly welcome in our family. I'm glad she is learning good habits from the very start. You would rather have her be a little over-clean than over-messy. I would be happy to have her come visit me and do some cleaning anytime!

Misty said...

That is to cute! She is such a doll!
You only have one cleaning day?? You must help organize me!

Deniene said...

That's too cute! good for you for making cleaning fun that is no small feet and one that I personally have a hard time with. Good Job Mom

Tracie said...

Good work Amy! That is a great lesson to teach! I am still trying to learn how to enjoy cleaning.

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

What a GREAT mom you are!! Dance and clean - and how stinkin CUTE!!!

Paula said...

You are so lucky to have mastered that task at 2.. I am still waiting for my kids to jump on board and clean and they are 22,19,16,&12. My only hope is that they will clean their own homes someday. Good job Belle & Amy.

Lauren said...

I love the laundry pic! I wish they made a mini vacumm toy that would actually suck something up. Maybe she could teach Ry how to pick up after himself. There are some days I feel like all I do is pick up toys all day long!

Cameron and Jenny Webb said...

She is such a cutie. She still looks so little in those pictures! Give her a smooch for me! :)

Heidi said...

Hey guys! Gotta love the blogging world. This is Jeff Jamieson. Since Ben and I are so good at calling and emailing, I thought I would drop a little note and say hello. Hope things are good.

Jeff